Social Media Guidelines
Reminder to our students, parents, staff and friends about positive interaction on social media
“Southern Vales Christian College aspires to be a vibrant Christ-centred learning community where students will develop a passion for lifelong education that values creativity, excellence, resilience and faith."
Southern Vales Christian College asks that all members of the community communicate positively about the college in all and every public domain including on social networking sites.
When a connection with the college has been established, we would ask the college community to refrain from the following on social networking sites:
- Revealing any personal or sensitive information about others.
- Identifying any of our students without their parent/guardian’s permission.
- Identifying anyone in our College Community in defamatory, abusive or generally negative terms.
- Posting anything that could be considered prejudicial, racist, off-topic, inflammatory, repetitive, vexatious, offensive or otherwise inappropriate.
- Harassing or making personal attacks against other users.
- Re-posting other people's appeals, requests or offers, or anything else that could be considered spam.
- Linking to other Facebook pages, or any other off-topic pages.
- Bless our school community.
- Celebrate the accomplishments of our student body.
We always welcome feedback from the community and we would request that you do so in person or in writing to the Principal.
Thank you supporting Southern Vales Christian College.
A PDF version is available below if you'd like to print.