In our SVCC ELC, Jesus is the centre of all things, where life flows from Him and we live in His life each day.
We believe children:
- Are joyful souls who take pleasure in celebrating life
- Are curious, creative and wonder drives their learning process
- Are powerful, capable and resilient, able to be the main characters of their learning process
- Have a voice and many different ways to express themselves
- Bring knowledge and understanding with them to build connections.
- Have a natural desire and need for connection and relationships
- Are unique and each journey has its own pathway
- Express their worship and understanding of God
Therefore, the following principles will guide children’s learning journeys:
The environment is strategically planned for children to engage in learning.
- It is a fluid space to inspire curiosity and to response to children’s ongoing learning.
- Nature is brought into learning spaces to inspire thinking, provide optimal engagement, and allow children to observe, to live and to deeply understand their environment.
- The environment will let children use their senses and fully immerse in exploration and discovery
Children, families and educators will work together in a nurturing and passionate Christian atmosphere where they will grow by being active participants in our society.
- Facilitate children’s learning by setting challenging age appropriate experiences
- Listen to children’s voices and support their initiatives
- Professional practice of reflection and research
- Foster warm and trusting relationships with children and families
- We value parents as the primary educators of children
- Families work in partnership with the ELC
- Families are welcome to share their knowledge, skills, cultural knowledge and/or expertise.
- We are intrinsically connected with our SVCC school community
- Partnership with our local churches
- Experiences in the local community are sort to enrich the education program