Quality Early Learning for
Your child at our all new ELC
Early Learning Centre
Your child is the most precious part of your life. Give them the early learning start they’ll love. With our unique “Nature Play Advantage” we believe early learning is about interacting with nature - playing, growing and learning through these interactions along with the values we know are such an important start to your child’s education.
Parents that enrol their children are delighted with the nature area we offer, far larger then most in our area. Our staff are totally dedicated to the growth and learning of your child and share the values we hold dear. Values that make our ELC such a special and caring environment for all children.
To discover the difference of our ELC please call to book a tour 08 8488 0000.
Your child has a place at Southern Vales ELC
Facilities to inspire
Our Early Learning Centre features an outdoor environment surrounded by a thick vegetation background and an amazing growing sensory and butterfly garden are an incredible blessing/asset.
New purposely designed indoor and outdoor areas are a place for children to do what steals their heart: watching and exploring, letting curiosity take over while building trusting relationships.
An exciting learning environment has been thoughtfully planned. It invites children to enquiry, experiment, hypothesise, research and investigate, led by their wonders and imagination.
- Setting from early stages in life a different relationship with the environment, authentic and personal.
- Discovering with their senses through daily encounters with natural events.
- Allowing children to get a deeper and fuller understanding of the things and events that surround them.
- The Garden, our inspiration for learning at ELC: what a fantastic investment in education for life, happiness and a better future.
Our ELC family is growing, with faith based values, passionate and dedicated staff, why not find out more about for your child. Click the Enquire Now button and one of our friendly staff will be happy to help you with any questions and with more information.
In our SVCC ELC, Jesus is the centre of all things, where life flows from Him and we live in His life each day.
We believe children:
- Are joyful souls who take pleasure in celebrating life
- Are curious, creative and wonder drives their learning process
- Are powerful, capable and resilient, able to be the main characters of their learning process
- Have a voice and many different ways to express themselves
- Bring knowledge and understanding with them to build connections.
- Have a natural desire and need for connection and relationships
- Are unique and each journey has its own pathway
- Express their worship and understanding of God
Therefore, the following principles will guide children’s learning journeys:
The environment is strategically planned for children to engage in learning.
- It is a fluid space to inspire curiosity and to response to children’s ongoing learning.
- Nature is brought into learning spaces to inspire thinking, provide optimal engagement, and allow children to observe, to live and to deeply understand their environment.
- The environment will let children use their senses and fully immerse in exploration and discovery
Children, families and educators will work together in a nurturing and passionate Christian atmosphere where they will grow by being active participants in our society.
- Facilitate children’s learning by setting challenging age appropriate experiences
- Listen to children’s voices and support their initiatives
- Professional practice of reflection and research
- Foster warm and trusting relationships with children and families
- We value parents as the primary educators of children
- Families work in partnership with the ELC
- Families are welcome to share their knowledge, skills, cultural knowledge and/or expertise.
- We are intrinsically connected with our SVCC school community
- Partnership with our local churches
- Experiences in the local community are sort to enrich the education program